Saturday, March 22, 2008

I will read to you (sort of)

In hopes of keeping somewhat current with new stuff, I’ve added a “feature” to my blog.
I’ve run across something new that should be helpful to those of us too busy to read my blog.

Perhaps those piles of mending, ironing or uncooked veggies are interfering with the enjoyment available to you by reading my nearly award winning prose.

If this is what holds you back, I have GREAT news for you!

At the very bottom of this page (no, the bottom-bottom, following ALL of the great stories and rants below the blue footer bar), you will find an audio playback slider.
(To be clear, if I could figure out how to get the audio bar to appear somewhere else on the page, I would. I got it on the page and it works, that’s good enough.)

If you click on the little triangle on the left side, ReadTheWords.com will read my blog in an imitation of my voice. It is sufficiently annoying to keep you entertained and then complaining for several minutes.

Of course, for those of you still in the 20th century, feel free to ignore this feature, and sound out the words for yourself. Be sure to use a Tom Hanks sort of voice, and it’ll be just like I’m there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where the heck is this triangle youre talking about? I was gonna turn it up real loud for Karen and Rich!

nomemine said...

Wow! I'm impressed. This is a LOT better than the old speak and spell voice I expected.

Powered By ReadTheWords.com